Banana Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies

Banana Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies
I had a few bananas that were getting very ripe. I knew I had to either make banana bread or mix them in a pancake soon or they'd be in the trash bin. I decided to make a healthy cookie out of them for our hiking trip tomorrow. We are going to do the Tahoe Triple Crown Hike. 3 of the 4 highest peaks in the area, all in one day. So, we needed some easily packable, calorie dense, yet delicious snacks! 
I decided on something without eggs or milk so they were more dense and leaving out flour is always a plus for me too. 

Here's what I came up with. I may also experiment with adding chocolate chips, coconut oil, raisins and playing around with the spices now that fall is upon us.
Place all ingredients in a bowl or stand mixer. 

Mash together with a potato masher or mix on low in a mixer. 

Scoop onto cookie sheet. I used a 2T ice cream scoop and placed them on non-stick foil. Since I was only doing 9 cookies, I was able to bake these in a small counter-top convection oven. 

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges just start to brown. 
This is designed to be a dense, easily packable cookie and it is. No dairy, so very shelf stable. Perfect for your next backpacking trip!!
Banana Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies Makes 9 cookies
Click here to print 3 very ripe bananas, mashed 1 ¾ cup quick cook oats ½ cup chopped walnuts 1 ½ tsp cinnamon ¼ cup pure maple syrup Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Measure out all ingredients and mash together with a potato masher or a stand mixer. Using a large spoonfuls or 2T ice cream scoop, place on a cookie sheet. Place in oven and bake 18-20 minutes or until slightly browned on edges. Remove from oven and cool or enjoy nice and warm! Variations to try: Chocolate Chips, raisins, Coconut Oil, Peanut Butter, Almonds or any other ingredient that you love to have with bananas!

Comments